BABY SPOT is back!
Our popular program Baby Spot is reopening its doors in our wonderful outdoor space. Baby Spot is designed for babies under 15 months and it is held in the middle of the day — perfect timing for babies that take a morning nap or a nap on the go. Program lead by Joanna Schneider; a long time Galoop Mom (mother of three!) and a new Galoop instructor!
Benefits of Baby Spot:
• We firmly believe (and research shows) that routine is key for young children’s development. The familiarity of the space, the teacher, and the families is a critical part of Galoop’s philosophy.
• Gone is the need to cart around babies and rush to a 30-45 min music, art, or storytime classes — all in different locations with different and unfamiliar people. Our programming will offer everything you look for ALL in one place and our 1.5-hour window allows you to arrive/leave as convenient for you without any sense of urgency.
• Baby Spot is amazing for caregivers as well: whether you are a Mom, Dad, nanny, or grand-parent, you’ll find real friendships and have a wonderful time. Our goal is to become your “home away from home.”
• Throughout the weeks, caregivers will benefit from Joanna’s parenting advice as she focuses on a daily topic and is always there for questions.
• Galoop’s director and parenting expert Cecilia Matson will also be available for parenting advice as needed.
Arrive/leave as best fits your child’s schedule — no more rushing to a 45 min class!
Meet other caregivers, form friendships and community, enjoy a cup of coffee, and let your babies enjoy a Spanish/English bilingual circle time and explore our wonderful outdoor space and age appropriate sensory activities. Baby not moving yet? No worries! Our littlest babies, and caregivers, can relax, play with individual materials, and discuss all that comes along with parenting.
Mondays & Thursdays
Here's our schedule:
12:15-12:30: Arrivals and hellos. Checking in with each other. Individual gathering toys for the babies. You are welcome to bring a lunch.
12:30-1:00: Spanish/English circle time with songs, props, musical instruments, parachute play, and story time.
1:00-1:35: Age appropriate sensory and art activities, free exploration of the many stations throughout our playground. Discussion topics for parents and caregivers.
1:35-1:45: Clean-up, bubbles, and goodbyes (feel free to stay in our playground area for as long as you like!)