Positive Discipline for Young Children (ages 8 and under): New date DTB @ 7:00-8:30 pm - $35 per person/$55 per couple
If you are struggling to address challenging behaviors such as hitting, whining, tantrums, not listening, and back talk, this workshop is for you! Learn an evidence-based effective discipline approach that promotes a strong connection with your children. This is a great workshop for Moms, Dads, nannies, and teachers. Class will include:
• How to stay away from time-outs, bribes, and rewards - and what to do instead
• How to best handle challenging behaviors and tantrums
• A deeper understanding of why your child might be misbehaving
Supporting Sibling Relationships (ages 8 and under): New date DTB @ 7:00-8:30 pm - $35 per person/$55 per couple
Few things are more upsetting for parents than their children fighting or not getting along. Sibling rivalry is to some degree inevitable - but there are specific strategies parents can implement to promote a healthy relationship between their children. In this workshop you will learn:
• Why siblings fight
• What parents can do to prevent conflict
• When to intervene
• How to best intervene
• How to teach skills to your children so they can solve conflicts on their own
Expecting Baby #2? Helping your First Adjust to New Baby: New date TBD @ 7:00-8:30 pm. This workshop is held in small groups of 4 or 5 Moms/Dads - $75 per person (Contact Cecilia at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in participating).
A baby sibling may be one of the best gifts you will ever give your child. However, feeling anxious about this change in your family is completely normal. In this workshop you will learn:
• How to best prepare your child before baby arrives
• How to help your child adjust once baby is here
• How to handle negative feelings and behaviors your child may show towards the baby
• How to to "split" your attention between your baby and your first
• How to handle routines with two
All workshops lead by Cecilia Matson, M.A. - Child Development and Family Expert and founder of Galoop. Cecilia teaches workshops, conducts private consultations, and leads Child Development and Spanish Immersion classes for babies and young children. Held in Brookline.
For more info email email@example.com or call 781-956-8226.