Galoop is located in a beautiful, sunlight space in Chestnut Hill. Our indoor space has two classrooms -- Frogs & Toads -- each with imaginative and child-friendly murals. Everything in our space (both indoor and outdoor) has been carefully selected and includes the highest-quality materials. You won’t find much plastic here!
Our Frogs classroom has three areas:
1) The KANGAROO area: This room contains our arts and craft space: two long arts and crafts tables, three kid-sized easels, and our wonderful sensory table. Because Galoop’s curriculum is themed by season, with each week having a different focus, arts and crafts and sensory table are constantly changing. One week this winter our a theme was “winter small world”; there was an “arctic habitat” at our sensory table (a big hit!), penguinmaking and watercolor ice painting at our arts/crafts tables, and “winter scenes” at our easels.
2) The KOALA area: This room contains one of our two cozy reading nooks; a building space containing various blocks, building materials, little people, zoo & jungle animals, etc; a table with manipulables and puzzles; and our train table and ever-popular kitchen and marketplace. It’s also where circle time takes place daily in the morning (indoor program) and where our classes take place in the afternoon. Our building materials, manipulables, and puzzles change weekly.
3) The JUNGLE area: this room hosts materials to help kids engage their gross motor skills and imaginative play. There’s a bridge kids love; a mat with tumbling blocks; and some fun spinning chairs and bouncy cows. There’s also a role-playing/dress-up area; a doll space; and another cozy reading nook that doubles as a baby nook.
Our Toads classroom has two areas:
1) The SLOTH area where you'll find our popular play kitchen, dress up area, cozy nook with books and stuffed animals, dollhouse, building materials and developmental toys, a tool bench, a baby doll care corner, a table with manipulables and puzzles that change every week, and our train table. It’s also where circle time takes place daily in the morning (indoor program)
2) The MONKEY area: here is where you'll find our arts and craft space; two long arts and crafts tables, a child-sized easel, and our wonderful sensory table. Just like in our Frogs' room our curriculum is themed by season with each week having a different focus. One week this Spring our a theme was “spring texture exploration"and our activities included; "digging for bugs" at our sensory table (a huge hit!), tissue paper flower making on real branches and a collaborative Spring landscape at our art tables; and painting with large feathers at our easels.
Our outdoor classroom isn’t just a playground. It’s a place for kids to learn about nature and expand their creativity and imagination. We have a playhouse where the kids play family and "cook"; balancing "centipede"; a fantastic wooden play structure; a sandbox with healthy sand (kept clean and protected with a cover); an outdoor sensory table with different materials to explore, a mud kitchen where there is more "cooking" with real mud or moon sand; a reading corner; flower chalkboards; and a fantastic water cascade table. We believe the outdoor space shouldn't play second fiddle to the indoors, which is why we've given thought and care into what we have here. Our Morning Program, Baby Spot, and afternoon classes are currently being held at our fantastic outdoor space!
A Word on Cleanliness...
For those of you who have experienced the downsides of indoor spaces for children – rest assured. We take great care to ensure our space is CLEAN and orderly. We vacuum every day; deep clean a minimum of twice a week; and have a “tasted toys” bin (sterilized daily) for any toys that get “tasted” by a little one. We also have policies to keep everyone healthy!