Baby Spot is designed for babies under 14 months and it is held in the middle of the day — perfect timing for babies that take a morning nap or a nap on the go. Program lead by Ashley Oliver Asquith; an experienced and loved Galoop instructor!
Benefits of Baby Spot:
• We firmly believe (and research shows) that routine is key for young children’s development. The familiarity of the space, the teacher, and the families is a critical part of Galoop’s philosophy.
• Gone is the need to cart around babies and rush to a 30-45 min music, art, or storytime classes — all in different locations with different and unfamiliar people. Our programming will offer everything you look for ALL in one place and our 1.5-hour window allows you to arrive/leave as convenient for you without any sense of urgency.
• Baby Spot is amazing for caregivers as well: whether you are a Mom, Dad, nanny, or grand-parent, you’ll find real friendships and have a wonderful time. Our goal is to become your “home away from home.”
• Throughout the weeks, caregivers will benefit from Ashley's parenting advice as she focuses on a daily topic and is always there for questions.
• Galoop’s director and parenting expert Cecilia Matson will also be available for parenting advice as needed.
Baby Spot EARLY SPRING Session is open for registration!
*All fees are strictly non-transferable and non-refundable - NO exceptions*
Jan 10 - March 2 (8 weeks)
(no class on 2/21)
Tuesdays & Thursdays
EARLY SPRING SESSION
March 14 - April 20 (5 weeks)
Tuesdays & Thursdays
Arrive/leave as best fits your child’s schedule — no more rushing to a 45 min class! Meet other caregivers, form friendships and community, enjoy a cup of coffee, and let your babies enjoy an engaging circle time and explore Galoop's wonderful space and age appropriate sensory activities. Caregivers can relax, connect, and discuss all that comes along with parenting.
Size limit is 10 babies
There are no make-ups or reimbursements offered for classes you may miss - no exceptions.
Please know that everyone will miss class due to travel, appointments, illnesses, unexpected nap, etc; that is just life with little ones!
If our teacher gets sick and we need to cancel class, then we will extend the session accordingly.
Here's our schedule:
12:30-1:00: Arrivals and hellos. Checking in with each other. Developmentally appropriate toys for the babies. You are welcome to bring a lunch!
1:00-1:30: Circle time with songs, props, musical instruments, parachute play, story time, and bubbles.
1:30-1:55: Age appropriate sensory and art activities, free exploration of the many stations throughout our playground or indoor playsapce. Discussion topics for parents and caregivers.
1:55-2:00: Clean-up and goodbyes
No make-ups offered for missed classes. All fees are strictly non-transferable and non-refundable.
Masks optional both indoors and outdoors. Please note that Galoop reserves the right to change its practices (including mask requirements, number limitations, and proportion of time spent indoors/outdoors) mid-programming, based on covid metrics and current federal, state, and local guidelines.